Winnipeg Scrabble® Club #498 is a member of the
North American Scrabble® Players Association (NASPA).
The club meets every Thursday evening 6:30 – 10:00 p.m. at the
Canadian Mennonite University - South Campus, Room C09,
600 Shaftsbury Boulevard, Winnipeg, MB
(on the south-west corner of Grant and Shaftsbury).
Parking is available in the "N" lot of the campus. The university is also served by
- There are no membership requirements. Fee is $5.00 per night, or blocks of 5 or 10 nights for $25 or $50 respectively.
- North American Scrabble® Players Association rules are followed, but are relaxed for new players.
- Clocks are used with each player getting 25 minutes for their turns in the game.
- A computer word judge (e.g. Zyzzyva) or dictionaries are consulted when a play is
- New players have the option of being provided with a list of allowable 2- and 3-letter words, until they are comfortable playing without it.
- Usually 4 games are played per night, with the last 3 games sometimes being a round-robin format.
- Tournament quality equipment is provided, plus some players bring their own.
- A fragrance-free environment is encouraged.
- Players must wear a mask at all times in indoor public places. The mask must be worn in a manner that covers your mouth, nose and chin without gapping.
- Players must be double-vaccinated. Proof of vaccination will be checked (via MB's QR-code).
- Players are encouraged to use hand sanitizer, provided throughout CMU and in the room during play. Sanitizing before games and when using the word judge computer is strongly recommended.
If you are not feeling well, or otherwise suspect you may have COVID or another illness DO NOT ATTEND.
Rules and club play are subject to change due to MB Health directives, CMU policies, and/or club decisions.
Officially sanctioned (NASPA rated) tournaments are held once a year.
NASPA requires a membership fee of $30 US upon entering a sanctioned tournament.
For more information contact any of the following:
Like Us on Facebook
Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/WinnipegScrabble and be sure to like us!